This month we are celebrating Moms - not just for Mother's Day but for the whole month of May!
Celebrating and honoring the many things that Moms do for us from the beginning to end - showing a lifetime of appreciation - is made easy for you with these ideas, tips and useful links for browsing gifts and more!
I Love You, Mom.
Mom is such a special word
The loveliest I've ever heard
A toast to you above all the rest
Mom, you're so special
Your simply the best
Things To Do For Mom
- Breakfast in bed - a great start to the day. Bring her favorite selection to the bedside table so she can relax and wake up to delicious enjoyment. Try this Country Choice oatmeal or Sweet Home Farm granola (save $1.75) served with fresh fruit. Or bake fresh bread with this ready to go bread mix (save 75c) and serve with Cabot Creamery or Clover butter (save $1.75).
- Bake her a cake - Pick her favorite cake recipe and bake it for her to enjoy. Try Domino’s or C&H sugar products not just for the cake but for the icing too! (save $0.75)
- Make a day of it - spend the day together doing some fun activities around home or town. Maybe even a little roadtrip to see something new in your area.
- Gather the family - bring grandparents, aunties, uncles and more around for a few hours to celebrate together.
- Simple things - spending time together is valuable, even if it is just going out for a walk together.
- Organize a day off - give mom a break from cooking. This is another simple thing that makes a big difference. Finish off the meal by serving some Three Twins or Lovin' Scoopful Ice Cream for dessert (save $1.50).
- Help Mothers everywhere - donate or offer to help an organization that provides for Mothers, like these Mothers Clubs.
Gifts & Giving Ideas
Mother's Day is second only to Christmas for the amount of gifts given. Find your Mom a special gift this May!
Alter Eco Chocolate Truffles Compostable packaging makes
Earth Sience Naturals Fabulous skin products. Save $6.00
Alter Eco Chocoloate - Fair Trade and benefiting women in other communities. Save $1.00
Ellyndale Foods Gourmet Olive Oil - a treat for salads and cooking. Save $1.00
A mother takes great care and spends uncountable hours nurturing her children as they grow. It's a dedication and commitment worth honoring.
In the spirit of Mother's Day, Cabot Creamery Cooperative encourages all folks to pay forward the good works of all mothers. With Reward Volunteers, you can track the time spent volunteering in your community and earn rewards for your contributions! Cabot is owned by 1,200 dairy farm families in New York and New England.
Our farm family owners play an integral role in their local communities, volunteering at food shelters, fire companies, town councils and youth activities. We created Reward Volunteers to promote the virtues of volunteerism. Participation is absolutely free, and more information is available at www.rewardvolunteers.coop.
Nominate Mom for an All-Expense Paid Cruise
Is your Mom active in your community, helping neighbors, providing for others, being kind and volunteering her time for others?
Nominate her to be rewarded with an all expenses paid Caribbean Cruise! Click here or on the image to nominate your mom.
Facts about Moms and Mother's Day
1st Mother's Day: May 10, 1908; Founded by Anna Jarvis; made a national holiday in 1914 by President Wilson
Busiest Phone Day: 68% of people plan to call Mom on Mother's Day, totaling 122.5 million phone calls
Card Giving: 50% of households give Mother's Day cards, totaling some 152 million cards
Diaper Changes: An average 7,300 by baby's 2nd birthday
Diaper Changing Speed: Moms take 2 minutes, 5 seconds (adds up to 3 40-hour work weeks each year), vs. 1 minute, 36 seconds for dads
Giving Attention: Preschooler requires mom's attention once every 4 minutes or 210 times / day
Taking Care: Preschooler Moms spend 2.7 hrs / day on primary childcare, vs. 1.2 hours for dads
Chores: Women average 2.2 hrs / day, vs. 1.3 hrs / day for men
Laundry: 88% is done by Moms, totaling 330 loads of laundry & 5,300 articles of clothing each year
Least Favorite Chore: Vacuuming the stairs
Source: Happy Worker
Thank You, Mom's
Shopping Quick Links
All our links generate funds for non-profits!